Old 12-19-2017, 08:15 AM
joe'smom

I don't tend to get bored with large numbers of units, because I don't try to plow through huge numbers at a time. Audiobooks are a great help, too.

Costumegirl, I have the Essential Triangle Tool, but I don't use it, because the cutting angle seems so awkward to me, whereas with the Easy Angle Ruler (which performs some of the same functions), the orientation is different and the cutting is at a comfortable angle. Maybe those who do cut with the Essential Triangle Tool could comment on this.

I started out doing clue #1 with the Simple Folded Corner Ruler, but I didn't like it. I did not get accurate results (that may not be the fault of the ruler), and the repetition for this many units was very hard on my neck and shoulders (because of doing the lining up and making that cut so many times). Because of this, I decided on the basic method for clue #3, and my results were much better, plus I could make the cut with a scissors rather than a rotary cutter, and could draw my lines while sitting, so there was much less bodily stress involved.

I didn't attempt the 'Bonnie method,' that is, cutting the parallelograms and the triangles, because I've had accuracy issues in the past doing geese this way with the Easy Angle. But if I ever have this type of unit to make again, I think I'll give that method a try.

Last edited by joe'smom; 12-19-2017 at 08:17 AM.