Old 12-19-2017, 09:28 PM
kristijoy

Hi Deb,

I started the MQ using my 'Corner Pop Ruler' from Deb Tucker. After I did clues 2 & 3, I realized that with this ruler it is difficult to trim the angle on the geese/chevron accurately. I wasn't going to buy the 'Folded Corners Ruler' (thinking I had something equivalent), but I eventually did. The way Bonnie demonstrates this ruler and with the ability to line up the actual seam line look much more accurate.

It's under my Christmas tree right now though....!!!! I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I've generally avoided patterns with flippy corners. I think this ruler will open that door for me.

Originally Posted by costumegirl View Post
You all have been working soooooooo hard on each of your clues to get each done!! I am amazed at the energy and speed that many are working at!! Your results are looking amazing!

I have been watching and following from the sidelines and copying each clue to tackle later in January. Hopefully I will be able to do this but right now with Christmas approaching and so much family stuff going on I know that if I tried now I would get very frustrated and not enjoy the holidays or the sewing process! I really want to have the chance to enjoy time with my family and then in Jamuary perhaps also enjoy putting together another one of Bonnie's great designs.

I do have a quick question about the rulers that Bonnie has suggested to use or a survey of sorts so please give your honest opinion:
How many of you are using Bonnie's Essential Triangle Tool ruler and the Simple Folded Corners ruler?
Do you think that they have been very useful and helped you a great deal in getting some of the clues completed?

I know there are other methods and rulers that will also complete the same tasks but was wondering if you feel that these rulers have been essential and helpful to reduce your cutting time and speed up the process more efficiently.

I am debating whether to purchase "another ruler" and appreciate your input. Thanks