View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 06:43 AM
klswift

Even though 'retired'. I keep working at Joanns a couple days a week because I can keep my eye on deals. I still make items that sell online and in a couple shops here in town. (I haven't figured out how to just be retired and not working!)
But, I buy my fabric for next year's items when it hits 70% sale and I can use my 20% employee discounts. Last Christmas, on both the 23rd and the 24th, I bought over $300 worth of fabric each day and it cost around $90 both days!!!!! I also by the batting by the roll when they have the 'special buys' and that is how I can sell throw quilts and fold 'n stitch wreaths so easily online. Without these deals, the costs would be too high and 'regular' folks would never pay it.
But, I also work there because I realize most of the employees don't sew and I can offer help and advice. A couple minutes assistance can often mean the difference between a person being frustrated and quitting and them finishing a project. That makes it all worth the working side of it!