Thread: UFOs
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 08:16 AM
GEMRM

I have a ufo that is probably one of the more unusual stories -
I bought Christmas panels to make placemats. They came as a set of 6 designs. Since our family of kids/grandkids was close to 12 in number, I bought 3 sets of panels (18 potential placemats). This was years ago.
I made up the flimsies, and decided to personalize them with individual names on the lower sashing.
The first year, we ate dinner with the unnamed flimsies, covered with clear plastic.
Next year, we ate dinner with the named flimsies, covered with clear plastic.
Third year I adjusted the named flimsies due to changes in family - a daughter separated from husband.
Fourth year I adjusted the named flimsies due to changes in family - a step daughter kicked the boyfriend to the curb.
Fifth year I adjusted the named flimsies as daughter had new partner.
Sixth year I adjusted the named flimsies as someone had another new partner , I forget who!
Seventh year I didn't get the named flimsies out - I was beginning to think I shouldn't ever finish these things!
Eighth year I adjusted the flimsies, quilted them on the longarm but didn't get the binding on.
For 2018, I might actually get the binding on, put them on the table at Christmas and then SEND THEM HOME with the respective families.
I'm tired of seeing these things!