Old 12-26-2017, 08:55 PM
ragamuffin

I will attempt to send the pictures. I had to get a magnifying glass to check the post out that holds all this. There is a small slot in the post on the right back corner that I can get my fingernail in but no hole. The slot is about 1/2" long.
As you can see from the pics, there is the large thing that goes on the post, then the bullet thingy, then the screw, and of course, the thread holder before the thread goes thru the needle. The large thing that goes onto the post I have pic'd alone showing a hole aside of the screw that holds the needle. This is where I feel a small screw should be. When I attempt to put it back together and slide it onto the post, it will not stay. When I was sewing, the whole thing fell with the needle still threaded. It was sewing a scout patch onto his sash.
The thread holder has a straight side to it that fits up into the large piece. Is this supposed to go into that slot on the post because it is to big to fit but could be held there by it.
I have only had one machine ever into the machinist. I keep them clean and oiled and now I will have to work on the green Featherweight plus this one. That is why I did not want to get a computerized machine but then I broke down and bought a Tiari II. To have 2 machines with trouble in 23 hrs. is not supposed to happen.
Thanks a lot for any info. It says all of my pic trys failed. I'll keep trying. I will go refresh how to attach pics and then try again.