Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Babylock Design Pro B21 Needle holder fell off >

Babylock Design Pro B21 Needle holder fell off

Babylock Design Pro B21 Needle holder fell off

Old 12-27-2017, 04:02 PM

That happened to me once, there is a tiny tiny screw that goes in there somewhere. No head on the screw but a slot for the screwdriver. you may have lost it.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:47 PM

Well, today I took my parts and machine to the local dealer. He said the screw is really the tiny 1/2" bullet shaped thing and he put it all back together and never charged me a thing. I could not believe they made a machine like this with the power to sew good and beautiful stitches and have a stupid, yes stupid, screw to hold the needle holder onto the rod.
Of course, while I was there, I bought a new belt for the Featherweight since I have 5. I paid $15 but then he did not charge me for fixing the Babylock. So I hope to get the tension right on the Featherweight. I am thinking - does that
take a special length needle? I will check further on here. Thanks so much, everyone. Happy New Year to you.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ragamuffin View Post
Of course, while I was there, I bought a new belt for the Featherweight since I have 5. I paid $15 but then he did not charge me for fixing the Babylock. So I hope to get the tension right on the Featherweight. I am thinking - does that
take a special length needle? I will check further on here. Thanks so much, everyone. Happy New Year to you.
Glad dealer got it back together for you.

Thank you so much for letting us know how it turned out.

The featherweight (Singer 221) takes a regular 15x1 aka system 130/705 domestic sewing machine needle that you can get at Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, sewing machine dealer, etc.

Happy New Year.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.