View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 05:56 AM
SusieQOH
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Susie, little antennas are a million times better than the old rabbit ears. About the size of a small picture frame. I think we paid about $50.00 for one at Best Buy, we get most of the Portland local channels. Rob is addicted to weather That is the only time the tv is on, I think there are 20 or more free channels too, couldn't say what they are as I've not scrolled thorough them. Try it! Kick that cable to the curb!

we don't stream anything, eats too much of my broadband. We get our telephone and broadband through ATT. It is possible that cost would eat up what you save on cable... But check with your phone provider, you might get a good deal.

I feel no pity for the cable companies losing business, their shady practices have confused and ripped off so many people.
And we dumped the landline phone at least 10 years ago.
Thanks for the info, Kalama. We are locked in to Direct TV until May (our bill is 128.00 for cable and internet) but I know the minute the contract is up the rates will go waaay up. I really have no use for cable. If I watched it, well that would be a different story but everything we watch is paid for- Netflix, Amazon etc so it's such a waste! I need to convince my husband that we can get cable news somewhere but I don't know where That is the only thing that he watches on cable.
We ditched our landline about 10 years ago as well. Our phones are through Verizon. All these companies are thieves in my opinion!