View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 08:40 AM
Garden Gnome

Since this thread is so old, many of these shops may have closed or changed significantly in the past 6 years. Be sure your information is up to date. So many of our quaint little quilt shops have closed due to on-line competition. I hope you find a shop that suits your needs; sounds like a fun trip.
I would also encourage you to check out Hancock's of Paducah, and Missouri Star Quilt Company. Hancock's is in a quilting town. There are several other stores that cater to quilters, and of course this is the town where the big Quilt Show is in April. I don't think you want to go at that time; it is a madhouse, and you would not be able to enjoy the many amenities Paducah offers. Just too darned crowded then!
Also, regarding Missouri Star, this company has converted several old building in the small town to quilt shops. There are different stores for batiks, florals, trademarked fabrics like Disney, sports, etc.
But I must tell you that Missouri Star is for quilters, so I don't think one would find other types of fabric there such as sheers, knits, corduroy, dress designer fabrics.
Please let us know what you decide on. This sounds like a fun adventure. What a great husband you are to want to plan this for your wife's birthday!