View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Hi I just looked at you machine and it looks like you have your hands full but at least you have both of the shuttle plates!

This is a very common machine and it would be a perfect candidate for a repaint. I have several of them and I did repaints on most of them. Here is a photo on one that I did a "Godzilla" finish to with Blackside finished parts. I use to own a graphics company and I made up a bunch of the Singer decals and use a pair of them on it.

Your bobbin winder does not use a tire like most of them do the wheel rides on the treadle belt when you push it up to it when you wind the bobbin. You can get the bobbins at Hancock Fabrics and probably JoAnns in the notions area. They will look like barbells and come in a 10 pack or so for around $8.

I would take the winder off and soak it for a few days in Kerosene or WD-40 and see if you can not free the rascal up. You should be able to turn the wheel and it will slowly rotate the assembly. After freeing it up be sure to put a drop or two of sewing machine oil in the little hole on the winder.

This is one of my favorite Singer machines ever and you will fall in love with it once you start to use it.

Billy

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2957[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]2958[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-2957.jpe   attachment-2958.jpe