View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 01:06 PM
letawellman

I also had seen posts regarding "when you're gone", and that really made me look (AGAIN!!) at my stash.

I am on both the Fabric Moratorium challenge and the UFO challenge, and those comments gave me the impetus for "renewed commitment" to both of those.

I will probably have to write in the will what the resale value of my longarm and other sewing machines are worth, so they don't just dump everything off at Goodwill. And the books? And the patterns? OMG.
They should at least bring enough to pay for my funeral, right?

I mentioned just a little while ago on the UFO challenge that I have 11 UFO's, 7 kits, 1 commission, and 2 (one of which is yet another UFO) that I hope to finish for MQX. Of course, that's what is out and around my sewing room... that does NOT count the stuff in totes and the closet.

So, since my daughter lives 3 1/2 hours away, and does not quilt, and none of the men in the family have a clue, I have decided to "shop my stash" as much as possible until this is at a more manageable level. And every time I drool over some new fabric, I will put that $$ in a piggy bank for when the fabric level DOES get lower. I have begun to change my thinking from "I want that" to "do I need that?". And I must admit, I'm doing better... I'm deleting the fabric store emails without even reading them, and just not "dropping by" the LQS. If I have a valid need (the commission quilt for example), then yes, I will support my LQS's (there are multiple within a decent driving area), but otherwise, I'm not spending any more.