View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Janice McC

That's right. The padded ones you've ordered are "flat rate", same with many of the cardboard mailers. You can cram in as much as they will hold for the same cost. The tyvek mailers are not flat rate. I've been asked repeatedly to use them but they require a trip to the post office and each pkg will likely cost a different amount. How can I collect postage up front if the cost isn't known? That's why I use the usps priority flat rate. So everyone, please go online and order yourselves the free padded priority envelopes at usps.com. Get a set of 10. They dont take up much room and you'll be set for several Booms. I get 30 at a time. Free. We cannot expect that deal to last forever.
Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
I couldn't find "padded envelopes" at the PO (the free ones), so I bought a padded one (1.89) and put Priority Mail sticker on it. I was surprised that the cost was over $14. to mail (bc it wasn't too heavy). I learned that you can order padded Priority Mail envelopes for free online (usps.com). Mailing in the PO Priority Mail padded envelopes would have cost $7.25 to mail. Sooooo, I ordered 15 padded envelopes and some labels this morning. Free. My F8s are on the way.