Old 01-06-2018, 12:31 PM
farmquilter

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
Oooh...nice. I've been doing something similar, but with pearled barley. (I'm out of oatmeal...putting on list right now.)

~ C
The best oatmeal is steel cut, I make enough for about 4 days. Bring 4 cups water to a boil, add 1.5 cup of steel cut oats, stir, bring back to boil--turn off heat and let set for a couple hours, in fridge to warm up each morning. You can put 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon in oatmeal, does not harm the liver. I am doing the steel cut oats for the true fiber to improve cholesterol numbers at next labs.

For weight loss==As a before am/pm meal, I drank a cup of warm water with 2 tablespoons Braggs vinegar, 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon raw honey. Drinking this every day for 3 months, my A1c went from 6.2 down to 5.8 and have lost weight everyday while doing the drink. I have stopped the drink and take 1 Ceylon capsule at supper because the weight kept coming off and I needed to stop it.
Some say the Braggs can loosen up their colon, so beware of that fact, recipe is from earthclinic.com It must use the Ceylon cinnamon as it by far the safest version to consume daily and be healthy.

I am now eating more organic and lo-carb foods.

Good luck on your adventure for a new you this year.