Old 01-07-2018, 06:30 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by nlgh View Post
My daughter has been doing WW for almost a year now. She has lost 50+lbs and is faithfully following their point system and is keeping the weight off. She has fibromyalgia and is feeling a whole lot better, but still has good and bad days with her symptoms. As a diabetic, I have subscribed to Mr. Food's Diabetic recipes and they have some good recipes, too. I have a lot printed off, I want to try sooner or later. What is hard for me is Splenda is not tolerated by my body, so buying diabetic is almost out of the question now that a lot of the producers are using Splenda in most of their products.
Congrats to your dau! I love WW. This is not my first experience with them. I've probably joined 3, or 4 times throughout my life. You'd think that I'd have Lifetime membership by now. The program changes a little bit every year, but I think it just keeps getting better.

Diabetes is a tough one. I would think that it is hard to come up with good recipes. Not tolerating Splenda makes it even harder. Have you tried other sweeteners? What about stevia? There's another one...what is it? Mesquite bark? Something kinda strange like that, but it might be worth looking into. I've seen it on the shelves in the health food store.

~ C