View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 03:35 PM
MarionsQuilts

Default Time for a new machine?

I have a husqvarna designer topaz 30 (with embroidery hoop). I've had it for about 8-9 years. Lately it's been giving me more and more problems - within the last year, it's been in the shop about 5 times.

Nothing is major - it's all "fine-tuning", and the guy who repairs them is great - half the time he doesn't even charge me. I can simply show up and say it's doing this, and he'll fix it on the spot.

However, I'm getting frustrated with all of the little things. They all get fixed, and then they stop working again:

- doesn't tell me when the bobbin is empty
- doesn't cut properly (it will cut the top, but the not bobbin, or vice versa!)
- gets out of alignment frequently
- the automatic threader doesn't line up with the needle
- it flat out won't sew some threads - sulky for example when I was trying to use it for applique
- when I'm doing embroidery - it jams a lot, so I can't trust it anymore to do a quilt with embroidery because it's wrecked the last two

Does this mean it's time to start looking? Am I just putting off the inevitable?

I use my machine every single day for a good 2-3 hours ... so, I am definitely working it!

Thanks for any input!