Thread: Inspiration?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 12:23 PM
jemholo

Instagram! If you follow a few of the big quilters and fabric designers who you like (you could start with the Moda designers, for example), you'll naturally find other people you like to follow. The result is a uniquely tailored entire feed of inspiration that I can pull up at a moment's notice. I also find that the instagram crowd skews younger than this message board and some of the sites like the Quilters Cache mentioned above, so the colors and designs that you find on instagram are a little more fresh (this is probably a function of who I follow as well).

If you follow design houses like Moda or Riley Blake, they often will have periods where someone who works with them will take over their insta for a day or two, which can help you find new people to follow. If you find a fabric line or pattern you like, often someone will have created a hashtag for it that you can use for more inspiration (e.g., "#vintageholidayfabric" is the hashtag for Bonnie and Camille's new line).

Some of the insta usernames for major quilters/designers that could get you started are: cottonandsteel, alatimer, thimbleblossoms, rileyblakedesigns, redpepperquilts, southernfabrics, robertkaufman, aurifilthread, modabakeshop, fatquartershop, vchristenson, tulapink, southernfabric

Last edited by jemholo; 01-17-2018 at 12:31 PM.