View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:19 PM
letawellman

Well, on Monday I deliberately challenged myself.
I had heard of a somewhat new LQS that is only a few miles past my job, so since I had a short day Monday, I stopped by.
I was both disappointed and proud.

Disappointed that the people in the store evidently only speak to "regular" customers. They completely ignored me, even though I spent a pretty good while in there. I looked at tools, gadgets, patterns, fabric and embroidery machines. Never did ANY of them speak to me ONCE.

Proud in that I did NOT buy ANYTHING, especially not fabric!

It started snowing here in the wee hours of the morning, and snowed pretty much all day. And while that may not be a big deal up North or in the Midwest, here in SC, it's challenging, because we (1) get ICE as well as snow and (2) don't really have the equipment to deal with it. Fortunately, yesterday my boss told our entire team "if it snows like they're saying, work from home!!"
So we did - including the boss.
That's a little challenging though when the snow covers the internet satellite dish. Hubby went up twice to clean it off, the second time spraying with "PAM" cooking spray (it makes ice/snow slide right off the dish!!) Since the snow is still here, and temps are expected to be in the teens, I'll work from home tomorrow as well.

Which means I have more time for quilting, once work is over with.

"Jewels from Mt Fuji" has borders added now, just to the sides to "finish" the little diamond shapes. I decided any more borders would distract from the overall image I wanted. It's now waiting in line, behind the Dresden Plate... which is waiting for me to finish the commission quilt... which was waiting for me to get photo printer ink. Since "Jewels" was completed (for now), I wanted to keep up my momentum, and started digging through UFO's. You can read my post over on the UFO thread, but I still wanted to post pics here, it's such an eye-popper!! No fabric was bought to finish this one, I used stash to do that. I'm going to submit this to "Dotty for MQX Challenge".
Attached Thumbnails mqx-design-wall.jpg   mqx-frame.jpg