View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 08:48 PM
d.rickman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587437[/ATTACH]T[ATTACH=CONFIG]587438[/ATTACH]his is a very old quilt made by a friends grandmother. It was in terrible shape with lots of holes, along with thread bare along a couple of the folds. May have been exposed to the weather or left in the sun. She indicated "fix it anyway you can". When taking it apart, the batting had been through the wringer and it was thread bare in many large spaces without bat. Put on a new backing, and covered the quilt top with press on interfacing to stabilize all the fabric, then I proceeded to repair the worst holes by hand, covering the largest hole with racing flags, and a couple of highways running along the thread bare folds. It turned out really nice, and she was very pleased how I had incorporated the driving theme on their heirloom quilt. It took me a couple of days, to take it apart, do the repairs and then put it back together - charged her $250.

With the new quilt shampoo, you only need to place the quilt into the washing machine, once you have submersed it into a warm bath with a good shampoo, leave it sit in the water minimum 15 minutes - 30 MINUTES, DO NOT ADJITATE, DO NOT RINSE OUT THE SHAMPOO, by pass rinse cycle then Spin out the water and lay out flat to dry. The detergent I use is called Eucalan, which is a lanolin enriched concentrate.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-heirloom-repaired.jpg   quilt-laundry-lanolin-enriched-concentrate.jpeg