View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 05:05 PM
letawellman

Originally Posted by JJBlaine View Post
...I felt a little silly. I was able to resist the urge, and I'm off to do do some sewing instead of shopping!
I just had to get out of the house Saturday, so drove to one of the area LQS's that I haven't been to in awhile. Enroute was a fairly large-ish GoodWill, so stopped there first. No fabric to scavenge, but there were a couple of sewing machines. But neither of them were really old enough to be interesting. Instead I bought 3 hard back books for $1.50 each.
Then on to the LQS! I did not buy a single thing, but I did drool most copiously over a multi-needle embroidery machine that had been traded in the day before. I wanted that really badly, and it was a steal of a deal... but... just cannot figure out how to justify spending $4500 on a "toy", even though I could conceivably start an embroidery business with it.

So, no fabric, no patterns, no thread and definitely no machine purchases. Yay me!! Just $4.50 + tax for three books.

However, next weekend is the sale at Foust... maybe I won't even go at all. After all, I don't need any fabric!!