Old 02-10-2018, 06:58 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I can't imagine anyone worrying about you using an idea you have seen posted. After all, we post our pics to share ideas. Go for it! No worries.

Originally Posted by waltonalice View Post
I have a question. I have been following this thread since it was started. I know that Bonnie has given us the pattern as a gift and has graciously praised the many variations that all of you have posted. Like many of you, I really needed a larger size. I really like many of the border variations that I’ve seen, as well as the change in color for the chevrons. I don’t want “to steal” anyone’s idea and will probably adapt what I can see to suit the size and outer color that I think will work best for me. I know that copyright doesn’t really apply, because I don’t think that anyone who has posted variations has thought to copyright her creativity. Nevertheless, generally speaking, do you think that we are free to adapt what has been posted, particularly if the quilts are for our personal use? For the En Provence, for example, I really loved the effect that several of you created by changing the yellow squares into HSTs with half yellow and the other lavender or purple. I had no hesitation about using that invention, but I hesitate to use one or more border ideas from this thread. Thoughts?