View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 07:58 PM
JJBlaine

I had what may or may not be a slip today at Joann's, but I'm actually pretty proud of myself, considering the quilting fabrics are 50% off and I had a coupon for an additional 25% all fabric. There were so many pretty fabrics I wanted to bring home! I even resisted the super-cute Valentine's fabrics that were 60% off!

I only have scraps of neutrals, so I really wanted to pick up a variety to keep in my stash, but decided I'd rather pay a little more when I actually need it, than have them sitting in my stash for some unspecified future quilt.

I don't specifically have a quilt in mind, but I am woefully low on yellows and oranges in my precuts for scrappies, so I bought a half dozen fat quarters to cut up. I brought home 2-1/2 yards of a beautiful chocolate brown I may or may not use to finish up one of my UFO's. Not sure if that counts as a need or a slip, lol.

Not part of my slip-up, I also bought a bunch of patriotics for the quilt top my son asked me to make for him, but unlike my past self, I only bought 1/3 yard pieces I needed instead of going ahead and buying a full yard of each, so another small victory there.