View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 09:21 AM
bkay

I don't have any extra of the small blocks, but enough of the brown sashing to re-do it.

Given I've taken it apart 5 times and re-done it, I guess one more time won't kill me. I'm just going to take out part of that center section. I believe I can do it in an hour or so. I have some more of the small blocks that go in the top and bottom section, so I'll put this center section back together with one of those blocks. Then re-do the saddle block for the top or bottom section. This quilt is for the DH, so, I'll have to look at it forever and that's the first thing I'll see.

I also decided to fix the right hand side while I'm taking apart again.

SusieQoh, I've made a couple of disappearing 9 patches, a couple of I Spy quilts and rescued an estate sale top (all lap size), so I'm not totally without experience, but this will only be my 6th quilt. I've made it a point to do easy things so far. It never occurred to me that this would be difficult. Either I can't measure or I can't add fractions.

Thanks for your input. Once I put it on paper, I decided just to fix it right. I'm never going to be happy with it unless I do.

bkay