View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 09:28 AM
kristakz

I have EQ 6. Never upgraded to 7, because it didn't seem to offer very much in the way of new features I would use. I wonder now if 8 would be a good step up for me. Usability isn't an issue for me with EQ6 (ie EQ8 is going to frustrate me somewhat simply because it changes the way things I already understand work - but I can live with that if I get a bonus from it). I am out of installs for EQ6, so likely have to upgrade before I update my computer again anyway.

So, questions. This is what I find difficult/impossible in EQ6 -can I do it in EQ8?

1. designing an "alternate gridwork" quilt - where the blocks don't necessarily fall into rows or columns.
2. "one block" quilts - like hexagons and diamonds in particular. EQ6 doesn't let me rotate my diamonds freely - so I could not figure out how to design a baby block quilt, without using triangles and colouring my diamonds in 2 parts
3. a pieced lemoyne (8-pointed) star. EQ6 seems to force me to be in the template mode, rather than easydraw to work with a star grid in my block design.