View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 12:29 PM
Rose_P

Mine is nice, but old, and I don't use it often enough to remember from one time to the next how to operate it. It came with a VCR video, and luckily I was able to record it on a DVD, so I can take a refresher course when something goes wrong. Unfortunately it is usually after I have messed up and broken a needle that I come to the realization that I don't know what I'm doing. I don't really have a lot of use for this machine in quilting, but I like having it around, just in case. I got it at a garage sale for a pittance, but had to go to a dealer for the manual, and that cost more than the machine, but it was still not a bad total price for a nice machine in great condition. My only serious mistake was in buying a whole lot of cheap serger thread that is on some sort of celluloid like cones that have started to crumble over a period of about 10 years. The poly thread would be okay, but if I push a little hard on the cone, I hear a crunch and it won't stand upright. Learn from my mistake and only buy thread you intend to use soon (true of any thread for any purpose). Well, I probably thought I was going to use all that soon, and it was on sale - the magic word.