View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 AM
Barb2018

Default Did I get the lemon Juki 2200 Mini?

I've been playing with it on and off with different threads but this morning I decided to get serious with it. I hadn't been impressed at all because the stitches were awful right out of the box. I was expecting rainbows and unicorns and instead I got tin cans and mud. So this morning I oiled it, changed to a smaller needle, and wound a bobbin with my Aurifil thread and threaded it and off I went. Right out of the box it was awful...the stitches were straight for 6 or 8 stitches, then it would make a little jump over to the side about a thread and stitch another 5 or 8 stitches. I've never seen anything like it. This morning I've been experimenting with the tensions and I just can't get it to look good in any way. I've checked my threading and it's OK unless I'm a real idiot. The thing is that I have the tension so low that threre's no tension on the main tension control. You can see clearly that there is a big gap between the two tension discs, yet if I make it tighter it's too tight. And the thing is, with a machine like this, you can't set it back to factory settings. So I'm quitting for now because I'm so frustrated I'm almost crying. The nearest dealer is over two hours away. If I wanted to drive that, I would have bought it from that dealer instead of online. Anyone had problems like this?