View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Rose_P

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
How about a couple of lightweight plastic folding tables that, when folded, can rest against a wall or under a bed?
I have been doing exactly this until this week. I had two 48" tables end to end. They're 24" wide. I think they were much easier to work on than the floor. I had them on bed risers to get counter height. The hard plastic surface is nice for pinning, which I do with long, flat-head straight pins held with ear plugs.

Just this week I decided to upgrade my sewing area a bit and I bought two IKEA Alex drawer units, which are designed to hold up a desk. I bridged across them with a flat 24" door, making a table that's 80" long. My DH built some toe-kicks from 2x4's to raise the cabinets to the proper height. I'm still waiting for paint to dry on the door, so the jury is out on whether I'll miss the extra 16". I do like having the drawers and the extra space to walk around in my room. I'm not getting rid of the folding tables, however, because they're good for other things, too. They can also be placed side by side for a smaller square quilt.