View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 07:40 AM
marshamarriott

I just stumbled upon this today. I am in the middle of sorting scraps and am doing a queen quilt for our bed. The center will be all sized odd pieces (crazy-quilt style) and the main border I just finished with strings and will finish 4 1/2 inches wide - rail-fence style but just 1 row of 4 1/2" blocks. Did the border so I wouldn't run out of (HA, HA) strips. I plan a black 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch black inner border and black outside with black binding. For the Box of Strings I have lots of 5 inch long strips plus bags of longer strings so may size my triangle for this quilt for the 5 inch length - math mind is foggy today so can't figure if the 5 inch will be too short for your size triangle. Need to put it to paper or graph paper. Have the Tri-Recs, so should be easy to re-size. I don't do paper piecing - will just sew to triangle as I usually do for scrap projects.
I surely have plenty of scraps to make at least one of these quilts - since I love black, the triangles probably will be black even if I need to buy more (shudder---). Really don't need more new fabric, but I should buy black, white, natural muslin by the bolt. I have bought muslin that way because I like the look of natural backgrounds. Just printed out instructions (although I don't really need them) and will start on this one soon and use the scraps from it to finish the center of the queen quilt that is in progress - that one is a sit-down with feet up project as all piecing is by hand.