View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

I finally ordered the 60mm Martelli and a package of replacement blades on Amazon. If I can learn to use it, it will definitely help my right hand.

wildyard, I noticed in the reviews on Amazon of the 60mm that several people said it works fine once you replace the blade that comes with the cutter. I have some other cutter blades that were stored for a long period of time and noticed the other day, when I went to use one of them, that the oil coating had congealed and become sticky. I'm thinking that perhaps the cutters are manufactured in large quantities and then may be stored for long periods of time under less than ideal conditions. All rotary cutter blades benefit from a very light coating of oil to keep them moving well, but old oil can get gummy. I will see what happens when my cutter comes.

I prefer 60mm over 45mm because it is more universal for me. It works as well as a 45mm cutter but works better than a 45mm cutter when I am cutting multiples layers.

Murphy, thanks for the link. I was able to sign up for the newsletter there. Not sure, but I think Martelli has an old website out there too and that was the one that didn't work.

scrap adict, thanks for the thumbs up (pun intended!) on the surgery. My thumb isn't bad enough yet, but good to know it can actually work. I'm a real wimp about surgeries.

Last edited by Prism99; 04-03-2018 at 10:04 AM.