View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 07:05 AM
elnan

The very small ones usually get pitched. In others I have sewing supplies, accessories and and what I call ettcetteras, say as for my slant 301. They are also large enough to add the 5"X7"machine manuals plus a rotary cutter and a few marking pens. I can see what is inside without dumping everything out.
The ones that have individual servings of dessert and are shaped like jello molds are great for putting gifts in before wrapping. My favorite are these turned with flat side on bottom with a bit of Easter Basket excelsior like a nest, then a spool of thread with a small chicken pincushion on top and I have a chicken that has just laid a spool of thread.
At a sewing retreat, I was given some larger containers that had held greens for salads.
There are times when my frugal nature overwhelms me with what can turn into junk and I do have to ditch some of the treasures. Once washed and air dryed, I drop them into large plastic garbage sacks and hang off the side of the wheeled metal shelving units, using an S-hook to hold the bag.
I also save egg cartons and pass them on to families that raise chickens.

Sewing groups and Diabetes education and cooking classes are usually held in churches, where you can see a drawer or shelf devoted to the plastic containers that can be used to carry home left-overs. That is where I drop off the margarine, butter, yogurt, sour cream, etc. plastic containers after they have been washed well and are dry, just have to remember to include the lids.

Last edited by elnan; 04-06-2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: another thought re re-cycling.