View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 08:26 PM
roguequilter

ok ..i hadn't seen this thread before in my wanderings thru threads in 'vintage machines' ..this is such a great thread to read thru and this last pic is fantastic! what you did with this machine and the awsome re-do of the base ..fantastic!! i live across the river fr toppenish where this machine was originaly purchased in 1952. there was a large population of japanese moving to this area before & after the war. they still have some small local celebrations, but for the most part, the community from earlier era is gone. would be so near to know this machines history ..was it bought in states! ...was it brought to states by one of the many mail order brides that arrived after the war? i haunt goodwill stores when traveling ...there's one in sunnyside, another valley town near me ..but stuff like your incredible machine find are mostly shipped off to ??? and/or auctioned off away from here on the east side. i & other quilters here donate to christion thrift or other non commercial thrift shops now ...goodwill is not for locals. sadly.