View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:10 PM
Rhonda K

Hi Barb,

There are different methods for emb quilting. Do you already have designs from a vendor?

You can make almost any emb design into a quilt. You can use any batting that you like in the quilt. If you are using embroidery designs, there is usually a placement line for the batting and back ground fabric. Then a tack down stitch is done. The design is stitched or appliques are applied depending on the details.

When I make the blocks as mentioned above, I piece them together into the quilt top. Any batting or stabilizer is trimmed out of the seam line to avoid bulk. Then a backing fabric is cut according to size. I send my quilts out for the final finishing touches. The backs of these blocks are not pretty with bobbin thread and knots. It all hides easily in the quilting process. Some of my quilts have an added layer of batting for more definition to the emb design.

Some emb designs include the back ground stippling in the quilt block. Do you see the background stippling in these blocks? https://www.anitagoodesignonline.com...ursery-rhymes/

The other option is called edge to edge. I haven't done that yet so not sure of how to describe the technique.

I hope this helps give you a few answers.