View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:53 AM
KimberlyM

Default Singer 201 Question

Greetings Everyone! I am new to the forum and to quilting. I have been sewing for years, but quilting is a new learning experience. I was wondering if those who own the Singer 201 could tell me what size quilts they are able to complete on their machines. I would like to be able to do a King size quilt from start to finish without having to send it out to be completed by someone with a long arm machine. I have read that it is a struggle on a home machine, but I am up to the challenge so long as it can be done. I currently have a Singer Futura embroidery/sewing machine with a throat opening of 8.5"x4.5". I am not sure if that would accommodate and King size quilt. I have read to start in the middle, work your way out and then turn the quilt and do the same thing on that side, but I still am unsure if this would be enough throat space. Plus, I am not sure if my Futura is strong enough to sew through several quilt layers adequately. I love the Singer 201 and would like to know if those who own one would share their knowledge with me. My two main questions are what is the throat size of the 201 and also what's the largest quilt you have completed on your machine. Thank you for your help!