View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 AM
tlrnhi

Ok, for years I have been mourning the loss of my Rusty-boy. He was the love of my life. I got him when he was 6 weeks old as a gift to hubby before we were married. Rusty soon became MY cat and was always with me where ever I was, even in the bathroom when I was taking a bath. He had to make sure I cleaned all dirty spots on my body, or so he thought lol
I had to have him put down a little over 4 years ago due to a tumor he had that was inoperable and his quality of life was going down hill fast. It was THE WORST thing I had ever done in my life!
So, Rusty is now gone...well, not really, he sits in his urn in my curio cabinet, but I digress....
Big Boy was having a problem being lonely since Rusty was gone. I went to the Humane Society and found this cute little cuddly, ever so loving calico kitten that just won my heart. I adopted her, named her Monique and brought her home. She stayed Mom's cat for about 2 weeks then decided she was going to be a Daddy's girl. UGH! There goes me having another love of my life.
So,,,,to make a long story short....when we get to Virginia, I am wanting to adopt another cat, FOR ME!! I'm hoping to find a kitten or teenager since I don't think an adult cat would work because Big Boy pretty much rules the roost now. I think he'd tolerate a young cat.
Am I crazy for wanting this? Hubby says he doesn't mind. Actually, he has no say in the matter....

What do you think???