View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 05:34 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Swappers! I failed to include one important thing in my introductory post. Smells!! I had a problem last time with one package that arrived smelling of cigarette smoke, and another reeking of perfumey fragrance. Both make me ill.... I had to take the packages outside and lay each block out to air for about 12 hours. The open air really does the trick to remove fragrances and smoke. However, I don't want to have to do this again with anyone's package, as handling those blocks gave me a major headache. So... if you plan to prewash your fabric, please do not use dryer sheets or fabric softeners, or anything with fragrance. If your fabric is already prewashed with such, and is perfumey, you will need to lay it outside to "air" for at least 12 hours (flipping the blocks halfway through that time) to get all the smell out of them, before you bag them up. The same goes for smokers... air the blocks before you bag them up. I am very sorry but if I smell these smells through the package, I won't be able to open it. I'll have to return to sender. I'm just not willing to get sick doing this.

I know that other women my age are also sensitive to scents, so everyone will appreciated getting blocks that only smell like fabric. We all like that smell!