View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM
Teen

Donna....love your blocks. The kaleidoscope block turned out awesome with the he fabrics you chose. Keep on rockin girl! And, like you, I have learned so much from QB members. Truly a talented bunch of people, more so on this thread. Amazing skills. When you try the faux flange, you'll be doing it for all your quilts...it's super easy.

Judith....I've been quilting here and there but mostly take my quilts to LA. This SBS will be a bit of a challenge since I'm only asking her to do the blocks and I'm going to do the borders because of the applique. There is another LA who does FMQ on applique quilts but she charges an arm and a leg. My quilt shop friend has all hers done by this gal (she does really amazing, intricate hand applique stuff ....tons of ribbons received....3D layered stuff....phew...beyond me). The last quilt she took in cost $500 and took LA 6 mos to do. No thanks....I don't sew show worthy stuff so I'll keep my money for something else.

Anael....sad day for you and I'm so sorry. Funerals are sad but also reminders for the living that every moment is precious and should be lived as such. I'm sure your quilt looked amazing....very touching for you, I'm sure.

OMG!!! I shouldn't have let my husband choose the applique layout. I auditioned 3 borders and he chose the most challenging in terms of location on quilt. Then...Miss Picky (namely me) adds another splash of color here and there...more vines etc...so more applique. Ugh! I need to just stop it and finish this thing but I am enjoying playing. I think I've nailed the creative process down so it's just sewing now. Geesh!