Old 05-22-2018, 04:53 PM
sharin'Sharon

Originally Posted by indycat32 View Post
After I make my label I add a half inch border using backing fabric scraps. Then I place a piece of backing fabric on top of the label, right sides together, sew all the way around the label, cut a slit and turn. That eliminates any raw edges and then I hand-stitch the label onto the quilt using a blind hem stitch.
Mine are done in a similar way; only when I set up my wording in WORD, I move my wording down a ways so that when the label is printed on my fabric, I have space for the 'back' of the label. I measure a half inch beyond all four sides of the wording, then add a quarter inch for a seam. Then I fold right sides together and then only have three sides to stitch and the top of the label will be the fold of the label.. Before stitching, I make a slit in the 'back' of the label so I can turn it right side out. Only need to trim the corners to make a nice flat label. When using WORD, I set the ink with a hot iron so that it doesn't run or wash out. DO NOT use a laser printer for printing on fabric.