Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Printed Treasures Fabric sheets >

Question about Printed Treasures Fabric sheets

Question about Printed Treasures Fabric sheets

Old 05-28-2018, 05:33 AM

If you have the label done in advance you can tack it on with spray and then as you are quilting it quilt it on, the good thing when you do it this way, if someone tries to take off the label it'll take a lot of effort and be really noticeable that it was done. They recommend this for nursing homes where peoples quilts have a tenancy to come up missing, even with their names on them and there is no way to prove it.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:40 AM

I saw a video yesterday on you tube where she used cloth and freezer paper to make things like this. First she cut the freezer paper and fabric just a little over the needed size, like for 81/2 x 11 they were cut 9 by 11 1/2, she then ironed the freezer paper to the fabric, then she cut it to size, cutting it to size after ironing it makes it stay better. Then she put it in an ink jet printer and printed it. She then heat set it with the iron on both sides and then carefully peeled the paper off from the fabric. She showed several blocks that had been washed and the design still held up. I did mine on the printed fabric and the labels didn't hold up. You may need to do a reverse image to get it to go the right way. its a lot cheaper than the fabric sheets. I'm going to try it this week end. Check out you tubes for this. One person just ironed the design to the rograin ribbon and sewed it onto the garment