View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 07:02 AM
Macybaby

I had an extensive flower garden at my first house (in suburbs) since we moved rural, I've not had a lot of time for flowers, but have a very large veggi garden.

In Minnesota, I had a lot of roses and "tipped" most of them for the winter. Only way to have them survive the winters. That was before the age of digital, so I only have a few pictures that were scanned and saved online. I hope when I retire and we move, I'll be able to grow flowers again. It's too harsh where we live now.

After moving to SD, I got interested in growing and processing my own food. Went overboard and I still have stuff that was put up in 2010! With two of us, I put up a lot less now, and only every couple of years.

I had a green house for a while here in SD, but it was too much to keep warm enough in the winter and cool enough in the summer. We took it and the building it was attached to down, and used the slab to build a home for the LA.

I hope to spend quite a bit of time with the LA over the weekend. Since DH and I aren't from this area, we have no connections or family to spend time with over the holiday weekend.