View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 03:55 PM
JanieW

Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
I order from Amazon.ca and those packages are shipped within Canada. I have not ordered from Fabric.com since it was sold to Amazon.

Janie I am surprized Connecting Threads was going to charge you PST, I have not been charged it only GST and I live in BC where we have PST. On their website, they show which taxes will be charged based on which province the parcel is being delivered to. AB says 5%. I know not everyone likes their thread, but me and my machines (Kenmore, Janome and Handiquilter) like it and the price is very reasonable, even better during their sales. I like the wide backings too.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/m...-e.asp#1393887 Section 2 is how Canada Post applies Customs Duty, GST and handling to imports. But it does not explain why there can be a huge variation in the application of the rules.
the incident I had with Connecting Threads was a few years ago, Tothill so their policy may have changed. 5% to AB would be fair, but that wasn’t what she wanted to charge me more than that. It was a weird conversation.

thanks for the info, I may try them again.