View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 05:11 AM
tropit

I was in the kitchen cooking yesterday. I tried a couple of recipes out of the Wicked Healthy cookbook. First one was Sloppy BBQ Jackfruit Sliders with Slaw, Sriracha Mayo, and Pickles. I didn't have slider buns, just regular hamburger buns. I also used bottled BBQ sauce, which the recipe gave as an option. It turned out good...really good. However, the huge amount of BBQ sauce wreaked havoc on my WW plan. Oh well.

The second recipe that I tried was Spicy Coconut-Corn Crack. I'm not in love with the title, but OMG, this stew was amazing! The flavors were incredible! I had to make a couple of adjustments. First I didn't realize that I was out of Yukon Gold potatoes, so I used a sweet potato that had a firm, white flesh. Second, I went to grab an onion and found that the whole bag of onions that I had just bought 2 days prior, were rotten. Grrrrrr! Luckily, I had some green onions growing outside the door, so I substituted those. Both substitutions were very appropriate and really tasty. The broth is so unique and delicious! Thre's a little bit left that I'm gonna have for lunch.

~ C