Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Sweet Potato Sriracha Spread >

Sweet Potato Sriracha Spread

Sweet Potato Sriracha Spread

Old 07-12-2018, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by cindyb View Post
'Happy Salt' is a seasoning salt that is different than any other. I got out the jar - ingr listed as "spices, dehydorated onion and garlic" and says it's distributed by Shipshewana Spice Co., PO BOx 1041, Warsaw, IN. I got mine at the E & S Store on the main street. I sure do use it a lot. I'm wanting to order the WickedHealthy Cook book, but some of their recipes I have looked at have measurements in gm mlgm and such - I'm still old school and go by Tbl and tsp. Has anyone found this to be a problem? Seems like a lot of you guys have ordered the cookbook - are you liking it?
I'll have to try the salt...thanks. It has a great name, if nothing else...LOL.

An inexpensive kitchen scale is a must, IMHO. Their cheap and easy to store in the gadgets drawer. I think that I paid about $10 for mine and use it all of the time. It's great for recipes written by bakers, since they use weight far more often than cups and tablespoons.

I'm liking the cookbook. I don't love the website. It's too hard sell. But the recipes in the book are great. One of the authors was the head chef for Whole foods Market. He created many of the salad bar goodies that I'm a big fan of and some of those recipes are in the book. There's one for a wild rice salad that's pretty good. I also love their Maitake steaks recipe. I've replaced the maitakes for other mushrooms as well and they've all come out great. The key is how the mushrooms are weighted down when their seared.

~ C