View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Kassaundra

The orange wolf border was part of my vision from the beginning, but then started second guessing myself. Then wasn't sure it it was just gilding the lily or if it actually added something. Ending in the brown seemed okay, but kinda flat???? I tried a lighter part of the fabric as a border the zig zag part, but really don't like it much (posted pics on a new thread b/c wasn't sure if many would look further for more options. I didn't like the harsh light / dark straight edge between it and the brown, but the movement was nice.
Originally Posted by givio View Post
You have the orange strip left with the wolves. You carefully measured and see you have enough to piece it long enough for the border. You don't think you have any other use for it, because you don't really like it. You got the wolf fabric specifically for this specific person, so maybe you feel it ought to only be used for that person. These thoughts, combined thoughts, multiple thoughts, and other thoughts you can think of to increase the list-- do they really constitute a reason to use it in the border? Are you thinking about using it simply because it matches this particular quilt? Maybe your decision might be a pros and cons type of decision, if that's how you like to make artistic decisions. In the end, the quilt is your creative effort.

If you're simply wanting to use up the fabric, there are plenty of quilters that would take it off of your hands. :-)