View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 02:45 AM
Conchalea

My entire quilting frenzy of 2018 was started in January because I couldn’t find a small clear plastic container. I was sewing a blouse for my daughter, using my 1949 Singer. When it came time to hem (I hate hand sewing) I wanted to use the blind hem stitch foot on my modern Brother. It snaps on to the regular foot base, which of course wasn’t on the Brother. I’d made quilted totes on that machine & use the walking foot. During the search I looked in a big box of my mom’s labeled ‘sewing,’ thinking that might be a logical place for me to have put that foot. While digging through it (I could have sworn I went through it when I first got the box. Mom died May 2005). Under larger pieces of fabric I found several cut pieces of purple fabric in diamond shapes. Her hand-drawn templates were also under there. No foot to my machine, but I now had a new obsession! I hadn’t made a quilt since the 2 or 3 I made in 2013 & 2014, but since I found those pieces, I finished making a lap-sized quilt & two pillows with them plus more. A lone star variation, a hike in the Wall I called Garden Lattice, a quilted wall hanging for a friend, 4 mug rugs, 2 table runners, & 2 tops waiting to be quilted! Whew! A week ago I FINALLY found the container with the foot & darning plate. Where? In my yarn area, under a big bag of yarn. That’s in a completely different room than my sewing things, so I have no idea how it got there. It’s a complete mystery to me. I found it when going through yarn for a specific skein someone wanted to finish a project. I was really glad to find it-I needed that darning plate to do FMQ on my Lone Star quilt! I managed to complete my daughter’s blouse months ago by borrowing her machine’s foot-we have the same model. But she’s also misplaced her darning foot!