View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:42 AM
RN-Quilter

Default My Small lIroning Station

Space is at a premium in my sewing room (dining room), so DH made me a small ironing station, to use beside my sewing table. It is only a trial, to see what I want/need from an ironing station. I was so eager to try it out, I did not even wait for him to finish painting it!

It is on little wheels, so I can move it nearer or out of the way as I need it.
On the bottom shelf I placed 2 holders for big thread-spools and the Peggy Stitch Eraser is kept in a small wooden crate I found in the garage.
Two days later he added a tool holder on top (towards the back), where I keep the small tools I use the most. So far, it works great!

A day or so later, I found 2 bathroom caddies in the garage, and he modified it to attached to one side, to keep the hot iron. The other spaces on the caddies, I filled with large mugs - one for glues, one for rotary cutters, and oils and rubbing alcohol etc.
While using it, I have started to attached hooks for my rulers at the back and at the front.
Now, after a few weeks of working on it and with it, I think it is ready to be made into a properly organized, ironing station.
Is there anything you will alter or change if it was yours?
I also need some input on what to do with the electrical cord at the bottom?
Thanks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1943.jpg   img_1944.jpg   img_1945.jpg