View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 05:58 AM
Gannyrosie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595443[/ATTACH]Sorry that I haven't been the most chatty person on this thread, but I have my blocks done, and they are going out today.

I have been stressing for the past 3 months with my daughter in making a baptismal gown out of my wedding dress for my only grand daughter. I started 3-4 months ago removing all the lace and trims,etc to start the gown. I had to keep after her for a month to call to get it scheduled. She felt it would be one month, so make this size.
when she finally got around to calling, she couldn't have it then. So we had to wait another 1.5 months, and then she says it's going to be too small. UGGHH. So ripping again, and then trying to find fabric that matched what i used for the bodice ( which was from the sleeves of my dress). So okay find some fabric, went to next size, and the stress began, it was so slippery (tried tissue paper), so uncooperative, i just about threw the whole thing away. So 2 weeks before the ceremony I said, please try on the first bodice, and low and behold, it had room. So off with the 2nd one, and back to the first. well yesterday was the ceremony, and she was perfect. We lost a button ,, but hey the dress is 30 yrs old. LOL.

Meet my Little
Charlotte Rose in her Granny rosie's Wedding dress remake.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595448[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf3912.jpg   june-3-2018-charlotte-.png