View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 06:14 AM
givio

Darcyshannon, yes, I've done quilts with various whites. I like the look it gives, especially because I like a scrappy look (which would be the case for one of our 9patch swaps anyway). You could think of using whites the same way you use a variety of neutrals for a scrappy neutral background. These two quilts were made with scrappy whites. The first one was a block swap done on QB. On close inspection you can see the different shades of white. The second one was inspired by a block swap done on QB, but I didn't have enough WOW to make a whole block, so even the background of each block is scrappy. A scrappy background for the block was not indicated as allowable in those swap rules, so I just followed along in that swap and made my entire top rather than swapping blocks. If you are sewing a coordinated quilt, then you might like to have the same white throughout. Generally, for a swap, it's not required to buy a specific brand of fabric to participate, although types of fabric can be specified.
Attached Thumbnails 1930s-prints-disappearing-4-patch.jpg   julies-churn-dash-quilt-top.jpg  

Last edited by givio; 06-06-2018 at 06:16 AM.