View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Rose_P

This seems like a rather time consuming project that ultimately duplicates what others have already done. You could go to the library and find several books on color theory that would have color wheels in them. In the end you will still find so many other variables in the style, scale and shades of available fabrics, that your choices will be governed more by what you see in the fabric store than what might be available in paint chips.

Something that you might find helpful is a panel put out by Kaufman that has squares of each of the different Kona colors. There are a lot! I got mine from MSQC recently. There are probably other sources.

I've just spent a half hour searching for a great little book of colors that I just realized I haven't seen since our move. I can't remember the title or author, but there are no words, just page after page of different color combinations. It was inspiring as a loose guide to my own reactions, but I could never seem to stick to a plan once I started looking at actual fabrics. Probably that's just me.