View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 11:52 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Learning2Quilt View Post
I tried the Spicy Coconut Corn Crack and it was quite good. The WW points for the coconut milk were quite high. I used the full fat version, should have gotten the reduced fat. Have you had a chance to try any of the other recipes yet? Would love to hear your reviews.
Yeah...I used lite coconut milk, which lowered the points value a lot. It was still very good. I'm trying the Maitake Mushroom Steaks tonight. I had to start the recipe this morning, because I wanted them to marinate. The mushrooms smelled just like steak while they were cooking. Even my husband commented on it. I'll let you know how they taste. I'm going kinda Asian with my marinade and adding some WW "fried" rice and WW spicy green beans to the menu.

FYI, you can find Maitake mushrooms in the produce section. They come wrapped in small cellophane bags and are in an area of other specialty mushrooms s/a enokes. They seem expensive, but it's not that bad, considering there is no meat in the recipe.

I also tried the Banh Mi recipe. It was good too. I got a couple of my pieces of tofu a little dark. (Watch it carefully...it's easy to do.) I just sliced off the dark part and it tasted fine. I thought that the marinated carrots in it were very good. I added some cucumber, lettuce and other greens to make the sandwich more substantial. The ginger aoli was tasty, but kind of strong tasting. I'd add more mayo next time I used some light, crispy, deli rolls that you find sold in bulk around the bakery section. (Safeway.) I think that was worth going the extra mile for. The bun really makes it, IMHO.

I've tried a few other things, but I can't think of them right now. I'll post about it later.

~ C