View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Feather3

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
In WM the other day, saw an employee with a special cart that had about 10 baskets with bags inside each...and she was holding some sort of hand held device....and apparently doing shopping for others. I asked her how this new thing was working out and she said it was going great! I can see the advantage for those who are unable to walk or get to the store because of illness or lack of transportation. I use my "trips" as my walking exercise...cruise the whole store practically, and yes, find bargains, sometimes..along the way! I only do online purchases, if there is no "place" I can find the article at........just me
It's called "Scan & Go". They are trying it in over 150 Wal-Mart's. You can use the store handheld device or your Smart phone with a downloaded app. You scan your groceries, produce, etc & place them in the provided brown bags. Then pay using your phone. Supposed to save you time. However if they do this for all shopping & have no check outs jobs will be lost. We even refuse to use the self check outs, because they took jobs.

As far as items no longer available...yes many are now missing from store shelves & you can only buy them on line. I so hate this. I like to pick & choose the items I place in my cart & I sure wouldn't want anyone picking out my produce! Bananas, tomatoes, melons, lettuce, etc. all need to be carefully checked before placed in your cart. I can imagine a store needing to unload their stock, so you end up with fruits & veggies that may have one good day left. No thanks!

Think about this too.....if the items you buy on line are not what you expect, or don't fit, then you end up paying to send them back only to do it again & again & again. So much for saving money buying on line. The business will save tons tho.

The Malls put the Mom & Pop stores out of business, now the internet is putting the Malls out of business. In my area we pretty much have Wal-Mart, Sam's Club & Lowe's left & that's it. Sears, K-Mart, Bon Ton, Montgomery Ward, Macy's, etc. are all gone.