View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 03:50 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I never understood a vegetarian wanting food to look like meat or taste like meat but not be meat. A friend's grandson is allergic to meat from a disease he got from a tick bite. He said eating a fake burger is the worse thing ever. He by passes the resemblance of food that is suppose to be like meat. He said it only disappoints.
In reply to your comment...

I think that most people in the USA did not grow up on a plant-based diet. They grew up eating pork, chicken, burgers, cheese, bacon, etc. It can be difficult to change over from that type of diet to a vegan lifestyle after many years of eating animal-based foods. Having plant-based substitutes can help to make the change. Besides, they're fun to make and eat. It just takes an open mind and adventurous spirit to make the old foods and recipes in a new, healthier, plant-based way.

As for burgers, we make a homemade, vegan burger that's delicious! I'll agree, some of the vegan, burger patties in the grocery store taste terrible. But then, I've had some store bought, meat burgers that were pretty bad too. You just have to look around until you find one that you like. If you can't find one, make your own.

~ C