View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 02:42 PM
SherylM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior View Post
SheryIM that is a very nice beige from Sherwin as is the one from Benjamin and if I don't have any luck with the blue/gray/green idea then I will defiantly give the beiges a try. Funny story about the color beige, I wanted a beige color in our bedroom so off to Sherwin William I go. After a few hours of pouring over paint strips I find the perfect color and buy 2 gallons. We cheerfully start painting and as the paint drys it gets pinker and pinker but it did have a brown undertone. The next day when we were finished my DH looks around and says "I'm not sure I can sleep in a chocolate/strawberry milk shake." LOL But he got over it the room has been a milk shake for over 7 years. That room has been on our "To reDo" list for a while now.
Yeah, that's the thing about undertones...you never know until you get it on your wall, in your house, with your lighting. In fact, after I posted, I realized that I should have said that there are no weird undertones in MY house, but YMMV!

The walls in my kitchen, dining room, and hallway used to be painted Sherwin Williams Yellowware - a happy yellow that looked great in my north facing kitchen, but incandescent lighting and the light in my south facing dining room made it look like radioactive sinus infection yellow! Horrible green undertones. My painter friend told me about Benjamin Moore Hawthorne yellow - it looks very similar to the other yellow, but has gray undertones and it's perfect! Soft, creamy, happy yellow. I love it.

When I was looking for a beige paint, I bought a bunch of samples and slapped them up on the walls. It was a frustrating process - some turned green, some looked like bandaids, some looked like jaundice - until my painter friend again came to my rescue! We're getting our house ready to sell it and many of the rooms have been painted Kilim beige, but not because "they" say to paint the walls neutral colors when you sell, it's because I like it so much!

Looking forward to seeing how your room turns out!

Last edited by SherylM; 06-24-2018 at 02:52 PM.